The medical sector represents one of our three main specialist areas. We have experience providing advice and services to:
- Medical Practices
- Salaried GP’s
- Hospital Doctors
Advice and services are, necessarily, tailored to your particular circumstances. From advising locums as to which legal structure is the most tax appropriate for their trade (whether it be sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company) to submitting expense claims for professional fees and subscriptions, we can help every step of the way. We have detailed knowledge of the various industry specific tax reliefs available – saving you time and money is at the forefront of our approach.
Please see below for a non-exhaustive list of some of the services we provide.
Services for Medical Practices
- Preparing annual accounts, partnership income tax return and partners’ annual superannuation certificates
- Calculating profit allocations
- Advising partners in advance of taxation payments
- Attending a practice meeting with the annual accounts
Services for salaried GPs
- Preparing tax returns, for those GPs who have savings income, locum income and/or rental income
Services for Locums
- Advising on the best possible tax structure for Locums to be in (sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership or limited company)
Services for Hospital Doctors
- Preparing tax returns
- Submitting expense claims for professional fees and subscriptions
- Agreeing tax refunds with HMRC
Services for Consultants
- Preparing private income accounts, tax computations and tax returns
- Reviewing the national insurance deferral
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to enable us to discuss your particular circumstances and needs, and advise on the best way forward. Please contact us should you like to arrange this, or if you have any questions.