We offer a comprehensive range of private client services, and pride ourselves on our people-centric approach. Examples of our services to private clients include the following:
With wealth creation at the forefront of our minds, we help clients identify tax planning opportunities which best suit their individual circumstances. Decisions made today can have tax implications both now and in the future, therefore we ensure our clients are not only aware of such implications but that they can achieve maximum tax efficiency at all times.
Our services in relation to individuals’ personal tax affairs include:
- preparation of all types of UK self-assessment tax returns
- calculation of tax liabilities or refunds, and notification of due dates for payments
- highlighting tax planning opportunities
- dealing with HMRC on your behalf
CAPITAL GAINS TAX
Insightful tax planning can mitigate the rate of tax payable on a capital gain. We can advise on:
- capital gains tax liabilities
- availability of Entrepreneur’s Relief
- exemption options
- transfer of assets to family members or structures
- capital gains tax planning for estate and trust beneficiaries
Please visit our tax consultancy for individuals page for further information.
Stanes Rand has helped countless private clients with tax-efficient wealth accumulation. Our aim is to help you cement financial plans that will enable a secure future by fully optimising the financial and tax options available.
Our key wealth management services include:
- self-assessment personal tax planning, inheritance tax and estate planning
- retirement planning services, including investment and pension guidance*
* Please note that Stanes Rand & Co is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because we are members of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. We can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide.
TRUSTS & ESTATES
Trusts take a variety of forms and are established for a variety of reasons. Whatever their type or purpose, we can advise on the administration, accounting and taxation of trusts.
We are happy to prepare annual accounts for trusts and estates, or where the administration period of the estate is lengthy and complex, preparation of interim accounts as required.
LANDLORDS – RESIDENT AND NON-RESIDENT
UK Resident Landlords
Landlords have recently been the focus of various HMRC crackdowns, such as the ‘Let Property Campaign’ and the obligations placed on Letting Agents to provide them with landlords’ details. With Cambridge continuing to rank amongst the top 10 buy-to-let hotspots in the UK, the potential for this to affect many taxpayers in our region is very real.
We have a number of clients with extensive property portfolios and are happy to advise both current or prospective landlords on these, or any other areas of compliance, as well as identifying various tax planning opportunities which would be of benefit to them.
Cambridge is home to a thriving property investment market as overseas investors recognise it as being an attractive place to invest.
We are well-placed to advise overseas landlords on all aspects of their property business, including the Non-Resident Landlord Scheme (NRLS), completing annual income tax returns and ATED Returns, in addition to offering tax planning advice to ensure the best structure is in place for UK investment properties.
We can also advise letting agents and tenants of their obligations under the NRLS.